Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pattern Change for the Plaid

Well, I've cut the plaid... it's become a jumper, there's probably enough left for a purse of some kind... and lining enough as well. My pattern has princess seams... and I used the size for my bust measurement, but my shoulders... my over bust measurement isn't  ginormous... so I had to change the princess seam by quite a bit. You know what? I should have made a muslin, but I hate making muslins!!! 

What's a muslin? It's basically a practice garment out of cheap fabric... so you can make alterations before you cut your fashion fabric. I didn't do this, but I absolutely SHOULD have. I did make decent alterations... I made the neckline deeper, took in the upper bust line... and narrowed the shoulders a bit. This is a fully lined dress, so the dress will be VERY simple to construct... Then a white button down shirt, or a tshirt, grey tights and black leather boots and maybe a black belt at the hips!! NOT a turtleneck, they don't flatter me.

Pattern Number: Simplicity 2868

Project Cost: $20, but there are leftovers for a purse

Project Time: 6 hours

Note to Self: Girl, make a muslin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment