Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wardrobe Helps

So, you may have guessed I'm working through the process of building a capsule wardrobe for Spring and Summer (since I've mentioned it!) I wanted to post the blogs that have been particularly helpful in planning and working through the process. First is Putting Me Together by Audrey. She started her blog to learn to shop her closet and buy pieces that she could mix and match to create a more flexible, useful wardrobe. Her closet seems huge... she tries to post unrepeated outfits for her blog, after all. I plan on using her ideas but with a much smaller capsule. I am home most of the time, anyway, and jeans and a t-shirt will do for that. I just plan to make jeans and t-shirt purchases a little more purposefully in the future! 
The Coletterie has a whole wardrobe building series called The Wardrobe Architect on the blog by pattern company Colette Patterns. It's so frustrating to have put so much time, energy, and money into a garment, only to never wear it! I have a grey dress that I love that I never wear because it's a bit too low in the front... something I could fix with a judicious purchase (or construction) of a grey tank. Or I could buy a tiny bit of silk charmeuse and make a modesty panel. Or perhaps a Sorbetto without a pleat?? Then I can wear it with other things, too! Kinda fancy for my lifestyle, though. See, watch me think through the process...


No comments:

Post a Comment