Thursday, April 17, 2014

Beach Glass Aidez

I finished it! Aidez was a really fun pattern to knit because of the easy cables and textured stitches knit in a bulky yarn. This bulky yarn meant lots of bang for your buck, so to speak! I heard that the yarn tended to grow, and my swatch did a little, after blocking, but I wasn't prepared for the 6-7 inch increase in length! I'm glad it did grow, though, because the easy fit is perfect for my figure. The sleeves are a little bit on the tight side for my taste, but they don't bind, so I'll take it! I ADORE the color... of course. Any one who knows me can attest to the fact that I can't get enough turquoise in my life.


I love the cables in the back... even if they're not really crossed correctly. Good enough is perfect, in my world. The high collar back makes me happy, too... it's a cozy detail. The design is a triumph, as far as I'm concerned.


Here, styled with an ivory lace top and my necklace that I assembled from a For the Makers kit. Dark jeans maybe would have been a better color choice? Or khaki?


Pattern: Aidez
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky in Beach Glass, I bought 15 and have 7 left, so what will I do with the rest of it???
Cost: $40
Time: Approximately 18 hours
Note to Self: Pair with brown corduroy skirt, dark jeans, or grey(?). Remember it takes a big sink to wash and two days or more to dry, so don't get it dirty, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment