Thursday, May 17, 2012

Making in Blue

I've been working from a palette for a bit now... blues, greys, mushroom, salmon, and coral pink. This is an aqua heathered baby alpaca yarn, a whole skein, it's soft and warm and beautifully dyed...


I have a whole skein left after making this, and Japanese Butterflies Neckwarmer:


I made it in honor of the cherry blossom festival in DC, this year, celebrating the anniversary of Japan's gift of cherry trees to the US. See the butterfly motif?


Oh, and here it is on me, as well as a little preview of a project not yet blogged but finished today!


A baby gift from organic cotton, another blue project I'm working on:



Cost: Cascade Pure Alpaca, less than one skein, $16

Time: 10 hours

Note to Self: If only you looked good in cowls... this is a great color on you.



No comments:

Post a Comment